Lean can be applied to healthcare operations, and one of the biggest areas of opportunity for improvement in a hospital is the management of the OR. This book is also available for immediate download as an ebook (PDF). Please select the ebook category to select the ebook version.
There are only two kinds of hospitals today: those who are pursuing the creation of a Lean Hospital culture, and those who will. This easy-to-read book covers some of the main elements of a Lean Hospital initiative, including the concept of waste as it applies to the OR, the glaring weaknesses of the Par Level method of supplies management (and an alternative), the Lean system of Quick Changeover in the OR, the importance of standardization using simple tools like checklists, and the central goal of staff engagement and idea generation in the never-ending work of continuous improvement.
- Chapter 1: Eliminating Waste in the OR
- Chapter 2: Managing “A” Items in the OR
- Chapter 3: The Par Level Myth Exposed
- Chapter 4: Kanban Systems in the OR
- Chapter 5: Standard Work in the OR
- Chapter 6: Quick Changeover in the OR
- Chapter 7: Instrument Set Flow in the OR
- Chapter 8: Is the Invasive Center the Future?
- Chapter 9: Staff Engagement in the OR
- Chapter 10: Prioritizing Instrument Sets
- Chapter 11: Use of Checklists in the OR
Lean in the OR
- Product Code: 1
- Availability: In Stock